Response to Covid-19
Staying Connected Is More Important
Than Ever – We Are All In This Together!
In these unprecedented times, it has become clear that staying connected to friends, family, work and school is more important than ever. At Spot On Networks we have always believed in 24/7 Network Operations to ensure that properties we provide service to and the residents who live at them have the connectivity they need. Like many businesses we have taken new steps to ensure the safety of our employees and the uninterrupted connectivity of our customer’s residents and guests.
- We have taken the FCC “Keep Americans Connected Pledge”. One of the first things that we did as an organization was to pledge to our customers and their residents that we would: not interrupt service due to non-payment, not reduce SLAs due to non-payment, not reduce voice coverage and not charge any late fees to customers needing to defer payment. Read the Press Release
- Provided free high speed Wi-Fi access to our hotel customers who were providing free lodging to medical workers to ensure that first responders had connectivity
- Continued to actively monitor backhaul utilization to ensure that the increases in bandwidth consumption we were seeing as a result of stay at home orders did not effect the end users experience or connectivity
- Made adjustments to our office environment moving to remote work for over 80% of staff to ensure that essential staff who need to be in the office could comfortably social distance
- Took part in multiple webinars and online discussions to provide advice and council to building owners needing guidance on providing adequate WiFi and voice coverage too residents capable of supporting telework, teleschool and telemedicine.
- Maintained uninterrupted services for our customers
A Letter From Our CEO
Covid-19 Update – A Letter From Spot On Networks CEO, Dick Sherwin
To Our Partners, Customers, Competitors and Friends,
Spot On Networks leadership has been closely monitoring the events surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak and has executed a plan that will allow us to continue to operate in a way that will minimally impact our customers while allowing us to safeguard the health and safety of our employees, our partners and our customers.
The health of our customers, employees and the community are always our first priority. We have made adjustments to our office staffing,on-site visits, travel schedules and back-end network operations that allow us to conduct the majority of our business remotely. Spot On has long operated on the business model that is essential to be able to remotely fix issues and provide 24/7 network operations and support, nationwide. We are confident that we can make the adjustments necessary to incorporate recommendations issued by the Center for Disease Control and federal and local governments while maintaining essential wireless internet and voice services for our customers. There will be little or no impact on our customers or their residents and tenants.
We will continue to update you as the situation warrants and, as always, we welcome any questions that you may have. Our number one commitment is to the safety of our staff, our customers and partners and to continue to bring exceptional wireless and communications services to the properties that we serve.
President & CEO, Spot On Networks
24/7 Network Operations & Support